Sunday, October 30, 2005

Eastern Standard Time and Cell Phones

Early this morning, after 48 hours of providing chauffeur service for six teens going in different directions, I fell into bed exhausted. It was the kind of exhaustion that sends me into a deep, dreamless sleep before my head even hits the pillow. I woke several hours later realizing I hadn’t set any clock back to EST (alarm, microwave, and wall). I checked the cell phones and there was the current time - a lifesaver as I groggily went through the house changing all of the other clocks.

I was dragged into the cellular phone world kicking and screaming and now, just like the microwave, I don’t know how we got along without them. I know where my teens are at any given moment……as long as they answer the phone. The bill at the end of the month is more than worth the price of my peace of mind.

Should you not have a cell phone and want to check the correct time you can do it at the “Official US Time” website.

No comments: