Thursday, December 01, 2005

True cost of Christmas: $18,348.87


From MSN.com

“This year's headlines had an impact on the index. Avian flu? Those swans and geese are going to cost you more because of a spike in the price of large birds. And the French hens? You can't import them from France this year -- though there are domestic suppliers. Meanwhile, energy prices are driving up some delivery costs.”


It’s a good thing my kids don’t want anything off this list. My boys have graduated from Legos to: electronics, hard drives, graphics cards, sound systems, memory for MP3 players, and soccer goalie gloves - to list a few. For myself ? The laptop (purchased), tires and shocks for my car (soon), CDs, books, dark chocolate (preferably the very dark, black wrapped Lindt Truffle balls), and lotions / potions pretty much make up my wish list.

First, though, I have to take care of my youngest son’s birthday. He is 14 tomorrow and already taller than me. Although he has received his present early (snowboard), I still have to bake a cake to take to school and one for home.

Happy Birthday Baby!

No comments: