Friday, November 04, 2005

They just don't make things the way they used to....


Life has not let up since September. My heart remains broken, my son is doing everything he can to flunk out of high school, my ex is still not paying child support, and this week I had to replace the engine in my 1998 Ford Explorer. My mechanic was surprised that I
was replacing the engine and not the transmission. I am thankful the car (loaded with kids) broke down at a stop light and not on the turnpike.

Last fall I finally bought a new washer and dryer to replace a set that I had used for 17 years. When the warranty was explained to me, I was also told not to expect more than 7-9 years of service out of the new appliances.

What???

We really are a throw away society.

I plan to run the car through the winter and take the time to figure out what I want for my next car. I'm also giving my self a Christmas present of shocks and tires.

And now I brace myself..........What next???

No comments: